Are you a laid off coal miner?
Are you having trouble finding employment?
Are you looking for a job that you can apply your skills from the coal mines with family sustaining wages?
The From Black to Blue program is for you!
From Black to Blue is a targeted program for training displaced coal workers by developing their natural gas pipeline field operation’s knowledge and skills to enable participants to find local employment in the natural gas utility and pipeline industry – an in-demand, attractive career path that leverages many of their skills learned in the coal industry. The natural gas gathering, transmission, midstream, and distribution pipeline industry will be active and hiring for the next decade or more because of old infrastructure repair and new build-out. This is the perfect fit for you!
From Black to Blue has been developed with the gas utility and pipeline industry and will be informed by the industry as the program is implemented. This is a 4-week, 164-hour training program, and will cover:
- Introduction to Natural Gas
- Employability Skills, Customer Service, Interaction Skills
- OSHA 10
- Fire Safety
- Utility Specified Field Equipment Overview
- Basic & Industry Specific Construction Tools & Equipment
- Tools, Instruments & Measures
- Underground Pipeline Locating
- Leak Survey
- Excavation Safety Training for Competent Person
- Excavation Near a Gas Pipeline
- Vacuum Excavation
- Keyhole Technology
- Horizontal Directional Drilling
- Pipeline Installation & Maintenance
- On-site Field Experiences
- Safe Driving Course
- Traffic Control Flagger, Hauler Safety and Cargo Securement
- Heavy Equipment Operator (includes Loader, Back Hoe and Excavator Operator Awareness)
If you are interested in getting started in From Black to Blue, or if you have any questions, you can email email@example.com or call 724-229-5083.